New Life Home School Academy Umbrella is a free umbrella for members and regular attendees of New Life. We provide the required supervision for homeschooling under Maryland Regulations COMAR 5.A.1.
Requirements for Participation
– a pre-enrollment conference with the home school coordinator
– an annual conference with the home school coordinator
– annual submission of curriculum, materials, and resources used for the 8 subjects required by Maryland
– 2 peer reviews, mid-term and end of the year, to ensure regular and thorough instruction is occurring
– informing the coordinator of any changes to your home school including change of address, adding or withdrawing of a student, continuing under the umbrella or not.
– annual conference
– forms for notification to Umbrella and for Curriculum/Materials Submission
– peer reviewers for required evaluations
– monthly support email with home school resources and encouragement
– record-keeping of Annual Curriculum Form
– annual reporting to the County of Supervision under the umbrella
– grades or transcripts
– initial notification of Intent to Home School Form Submission. Use the link provided to download and submit your form for Kindergartners, new to homeschooling, or new to the county: Baltimore County, Baltimore City, Harford County, Cecil County.
Home School Coordinator: Beth Smith